re: cops and italian plates

Nick,
I agree I had a poor word choice. What I meant to convey was that he was
clueless, and this only really transpired through his facial expressions,
not his words. I read over what I wrote and it really did sound like he was
trying to be a nice guy, but he had no idea what the plates were and I
thought it was amusing that he assumed they were valid plates.
I guess I kind of feel like an ass now.
I do not plan on removing the plates though. I have been driving around for
6 months with them on with no problems. I have been passed and followed by
numerous cops and none of them flinch. I have regular registration, and I do
carry around my original plates. The maximum fine for not displaying plates
on your car around here is $75 and NOT jail time as some people indicated.
Do you think you get jail time for driving around with your plates in the
back window? People do this all the time! I do it on both my alfas (the
other one because the 6 month temporary plates are made of paper and they
are supposed to not rot on the back of your car somehow).
I really am sorry for sounding so cocky on the digest though. I'll just keep
things like that to myself from now on.

later,

Karl

'91 164L