Re:Alfa Racing History

Alfa Romeo has been very succesful in Touring Cars. In fact it is one
of the MOST successful car manufacturers which participates in Touring
car events. F1 is an expensive sport and Alfa was just not financially
equipped to continue in that field. They got back to what they are
really good at, Touring cars. The GTA, GTAm, 155,75,156, GTV6 are/were
very successful super tourers.

Besides, IMHO touring cars are THE most fun to watch road racing
events. Fender to fender action, 3 cars abreast going into a turn at
130 mph. FUN! Not some oval racing event...yawn..... and don't you love
300bhp from just 2-liters?

If anything Alfas should be recognized as a succesful maker of Super
Touring cars. That's why to me, Alfas are all about fast Sports Sedan,
like the 75 and 155 8-))). Pretty cheap and pretty fast with all the
quirks.

Zamani

p/s I have detailed scans of articles (in Spanish) of the 75 3.0
America which won its class. Driven by Villamil (spelling?). I think
this was the famous Jolly Club 75. If anyone is willing to translate....
http://shopping.yahoo.com