Re: 164 Fuel Pump...HELP

Hello Jerry,

After he removes the floor cover and the rear (most inner) vertical cover
to the back of the seats, he will see a black plastic cap with hoses
coming out of it facing towards the back of the seat.  Remove this cap and
he will see the access port to the fuel pump.

I did the job this summer from the trunk, mostly sitting cross legged on
top of the spare tire.  The job was pretty easy, only down fall was I was
unable to fully remove the pump to work on it.. Could not fit it all
through that access hole for some reason (what am I doing wrong here?).
Easily replaced that problematic hose.  Have heard from a few sources that
the rear seat backs are easily removed and make the job a bit better.

No gas tank needs to be droped!

Anyone have the problem where the pump can't access the last 1/4 tank?
Right now my max driving range Hwy is ~260 miles. I can hear pump
siphening noises around 250 on.  When the car runs out of gas I can only
put in 13 gallons.  My other Alfa I can go 350 miles easy and requires
16/17 gallons to fill.

Thanks much,

Damon