Alfa Romeo on the tube...preview?

Yesterday it was phone h3ll 'round here!! First it was the newly found mammoth or
mastodon jaw bone fossil partially dug up by a property owner near Alpine, thankfully
tryin' to get expert help before he got in too deep. I was contacted by e-mail (w/
photos) Sunday evening by a pair of P-car nuts new to the area that I'd traded e-mails
with over a year ago after they first decided to move to Alpine. Monday mornin' I got a
phone message from the actual property owner about "a bone" while I was workin' at the
food co-op. Two archeologists and I were tryin' to get a handle on the situation, and
we did.

But it got even weirder!! A call came in from Home & Garden TV located in Knoxville, TN
(I don't even get a TV signal here - by choice). They are gonna be doin' a program on
the restoration of a 69 Alfa Romeo Spider. Would you believe this project has been on
their calendar since last January and they finally got movin' on it in August with the
intent of having a 15 minute promo of the project on air beginning in January?!

They're tryin' to gain (immediate) access to that model's dealer lit which they can
photograph, as well as some additional history of Alfa Romeo that goes beyond what AR
has on their web site. I gave them contact info on several Alfisti in their area and
encouraged them to post a request to the Digest as I am sure there are several lit
collectors and historians on the list.

If you have dealer literature on the 69 Spider (US model) or are willing to provide
accurate historical information on Alfa Romeo please get in touch with them by phone at
865-694-7879.

There's no e-mail address on their web site, but here's a link to their "Comments"
form:

http://www.hgtv.com/HGTV/about/comments/0,1135,,FF.html

Be sure to tell them I suggested you call 'em! :-)

BTW, the caller indicated the finished Spider would be sold on EBay with the proceeds
goin' to the 9/11 fire fighter's fund or somethin similar.

Earlier this year I got a call from A&E wantin' more info on Enzo Ferrari for a
"Biography" episode they were gonna do on him. I think I gave them some good leads. Has
that program aired yet? If this keeps up I may have to get a satellite dish! ;-) Nah!!

Ciao,
Bernie
Alpine, TX
Still virus free!
Current temp: 21 F/ -6 C and dropping with moderate snowfall...it's never dull around
here!!