What wonderful listers compared to the BMW ones!

I'm buying a 3 series BMW to complement my 164S,
(don't hate me, I'd certainly buy a 147, 156 or newer
GTV if I could get one in the U.S.)  I've placed
postings on two 3 series lists asking about the
differences between the "i" vs. "is" models.  After
numerous responses it appears us Alfa listers know our
cars very well.  The BMW respondents don't have any
idea what the different letters mean.  I can't imagine
anyone on this list who owns a 164 not knowing the
differences between the "S", "L" or "base".

Re-appreciating you all,
Jerry Ecklund, San Francisco
'91 164S
'77 Lancia Beta coupe
soon to have 325i or 325is, too bad not a 156!
http://geocities.yahoo.com/ps/info1