Re: Alfetta engine sizes [AD V8 #250]

OK - I can hear everyone saying that we have heard enough on this topic.
Forgive me.

David Santamans replying on this topic said:
Original two litres engines on Alfetta and Alfetta GTV were AR01623, with
122 hp
DIN, till late 78, then engine model was AR01636 with 130 hp DIN.

I looked up my engine number [having already pointed out that the dipstick
in mine was on the left hand side with the exhausts] and discover that it is
AR01623.  to my knowledge the engine has never been replaced.  The car was
built in 1982 and is a 116.37 model as attested to on the sticker on the
drivers door and the chassis number [ZAR116370].

If David's numbering statement is correct then my engine should be pre 78
yet it is late 82.  I guess I just can't fathom how these numbers vary so
much.  I could raise even more debate and suggest that Alfa Romeo must have
been using software from Seattle but I won't.  I use most of their software
myself anyway.

Cheers

John Heidemann
Brisbane Australia