[no subject]

Steve Moresi  wrote

>Hey all, I am in desperate need of some advice here.  My 74 Spider is dying
>as I come off the throttle.  I have diagnosed this as a sticky fuel cut-off
>solenoid, as it runs fine and idles fine, just doesn't want to return to
>idle from revs.  Anyway, I know that this will be a pain to fix because of
>trying to get the mixture back to normal after fixing/replacing it.  But
can
>these things be cleaned out and returned to service after?  Or do I have to
>get another and replace it?  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks

Steve

It's probably not the solenoid but the microswitch that's causing your
problem. For the time being just unplug the wire. You'll get some backfiring
on deceleration and pollute that fresh San Luis Obispo air a tad more but
other than that it'll run fine.

Paul Irvine  - Antioch CA
72 Spider - 79 Sprint Veloce - 82 GTV6