re: spongy milano brakes

Zamani asked this question about the brakes of his Milano, which he uses
for track events: :
>One other thing, brake sponginess, how can I cure it? I bleed the
>brakes many times but it gets spongy after a while.

If this means "after a while on track," you're probably boiling the brake
fluid.  The V6 transaxle Alfas have a serious problem with this.  First,
try ducting your rear brakes.  If the problem persists, you may need to
reroute the exhaust so it exits on the side, rather than passing over the
rear axle (this will help the transaxle live, too).

Dana Loomis