105 emergency Bonnet release - Factory Fitted

I had been meaning to post this a couple of years ago, however since the
topic has raised its head again.....

When dismantling my very rusty 1750 Berlina (1970 model) I noticed that it
looked as though the factory had fitted emergency bonnet release cables. The
Berlina had 2 bonnet locking mechanisms, unlike my GTV and apart from the
normal cable operated release (which is still on the LHS of a RHD car) there
was also 2 lengths of thick nylon cord with two large rubber grommets on the
end. I only found these after I removed the dashboard. They were in the
cabin, either side of the heater and probably hidden what was left of the
trim/carpet.

Don't know if this was a standard fitment for latter GTVs (my 68 GTV doesn't
have them) and Spiders (haven't checked mine yet) but might be worthwhile
for people to have a look and if fitted, see if they work. You never know
sooner or latter.....SNAP!
I plan to fit a variant of these to my bonnet and boot release mechanisms on
the GTV.

Perhaps the esteemed Mr Hertzman can dig us up a part number for them?

Warren Reid
Melbourne, Australia
68 GTV
86 Spider Veloce