Re: Dead 164 Clutch -- help!

"Joseph A Fillip, Jr." <joseph.fillipjr@domain.elided> wrote:

> I've just changed the clutch hose on my '91 164 base (I had
> previously removed the clutch damper, so that I was only
> changing the hose running directly from the fluid lines to
> the clutch slave) and bled the slave cylinder using the Ezi-
> Bleed pressure bleed system. Nice clean fluid, and no air
> bubbles. I had put on a new slave cylinder about a year ago.
> Still, the clutch pedal is absolutely dead -- just sinks
> right to the floor.
>
> Any ideas on the problem here?
>
> Any and all help greatly appreciated.
>
> Joe Fillip
> Swarthmore, PA

You may have a large bubble at a high point in the new hose.
Unbolt the slave cylinder from the transmission case.  Lift
the cylinder so it's higher than the hose connection at the
strut tower and bleed the system with it in that position.
You'll probably recover a big air bubble straight away.

-Tom
thomasw@domain.elided