top latch question

In AD Vol8 #14 Keith asks--
"The top didnt originally have the loops or the snap lock strips
that fold over the latches. I figured out the way to install the snap strips
by putting the end with the hole under the latch mount. But, all i can think
of that would hold the latch loops is some sort of very large pop rivet..can
anybody help?"

That's exactly how they're attached Keith- a big burly rivet.  However, I
don't use the straps, I grab the latch itself so as to lessen the wear and
tear on the straps.

Dave Jarman
Lexington KY   USA