Re: alfa-digest V8 #13

RE: Factory pinstripes
Jeff,
Pinstripes were never a factory option but many of the dealers had detailers
who were responsible for, amongst other things, touching up the dings and
scratches in new cars. These guys would on request of either the customer or
the dealer apply a set of painted on pinstripes. My 1985 GTV-6, in fact, was
one such car. To highlight the Luci del Bosco color (AR556,
translation-lights of the forest, described variously as silver-green, mink
brown, etc.) three pinstripes, gold, forest green and orange were painted
down the waistline. They really set off the car! Sadly, after I had the car
repainted I couldn't find anyone willing to redo the pinstripes over the new
paint.

OK wheel guys...
Just FYI I went out and measured wheel studs so you guys can look at the
empirical data.
1969 1750 Spider Veloce, stock steel wheels, right-hand and left-hand
threaded wheel studs protrude 27 mm from the hubs.
1987 Spider Veloce, stock "Daytona" style alloy wheels, wheel studs protrude
35 mm from the hubs.
Thomas A. Gonnella