New member..battling with a 164 (longish)

Hello!

(Pre-Warning.. its not a solicitation of a sale... And I bought it for me,
not as inventory..)

I just signed up to the list and am a new and proud owner of a 1991 164L
Automatic.  As a background, back in 1994 I purchased a beautiful 164S
5-speed (With recaros.. from reading the archives I see how rare that car
really was...<sniff>) that got stolen within 2 weeks and 250 miles of me
buying it.. <sigh>

I loved that car and have always wanted another.  So, now I'm a car dealer
and I am at the auction one night and walking through the lanes to preview
some cars...

Good god what be there?  A 164! =D

"Hey Bill, there's a couple of Volvos over in Lane 5 that we gotta look at
man.."

"Huh? yeah.. sure..in a second... uh.. yeah.. go check 'em out I'll catch up
with you..."

20 minutes later I've pored over the car.  A one-Owner, sold new atBobcor in
NJ.  All the books, no records.  Aftermarket Alpine CD Changer and head unit.
 Hot air because bumper support has been pushed into condensor (ouch).  But a
very careful look shows no other structural damage at all.  Hmm... one seam
on seat split.. leather on front seats needs some redying but not bad... will
re-stitch fine.. hmm...

What the heck... this is the Alfa that said "Save me from the indignity of a
Buy-Here Pay-Here lot!  So it comes across the lot and I'm the only guy brave
(Crazy?) enough to bid on it.  I "win" it at $500 on an "if".  I.E. they have
to call the seller as he wasnt there.  Next day "$500 aint gonna buy it"  I
had to go higher.. but I still think I picked it up right ($1,000)

So here's where I'm at with it:

Bumper fixed, Local Ex-Alfa dealer (With a tech who is familir with them)
cleaned the idle motor (acting up again) cooling fans inop, parts have been
ordered (resistor).  Power seat fixed.

Stepper motors work fine.

"BRAKE" and the "((O))" Lights came on yesterday.. I assume front pads are
shot?  Suggestions on pads?

Car lopes at idle.  Check engine light is intermittent.  Tonight I got a
1-2-2-3 code.  Is that indicative that the 02 sensor is shot?

Oh.. A/C Condensor has a huge grease spot where it got crushed by the bumper
support beam.. I was told it was blowing cold prior to that... Suggestions on
a condensor?  $425 is more than I'd ideally like to pay.  Maybe have it TIG
welded?

I hear they do not like R134a.. any truth in that?

Thanks in advance!  Its' safely on the road and I LOVE driving this thing! :)
 The 1998 740iL I had before it is off to a BMW dealership in Ohio... this is
my new driver!  But living in FL.. the A/C is a priority....

Bill Weismann
Orlando, FL
91 164L Auto 98K