Re: Bob Lutz

As for why Bob Lutz would want to back GM out of the decision to
import Alfas, remember why he didn't get Iacocca's job at Chrysler?
Seems to me he and Iacocca disagreed on whether Chrysler should form
a partnership with FIAT....  Funny how revered Lutz is these days,
for "saving Chrysler" and all this BS, I can't help but wonder if
Iacocca had gone through with his FIAT partnership, maybe Chrysler
wouldn't have gotten eaten by M-B.  This latest anti-Alfa move at GM
just seems like more of the same BS to me.  Remember also that Lutz
got his start at BMW (IIRC), so he's probably been trained
extensively in both German and American forms of
anti-Italian-auto-industry bigotry.

Just my (very irate) 40 lire,
Joe Elliott