RE: Drive by wire, very limited Alfa content...

<snip>
> I can't directly tell you what went on for suspension thing, no
> idea what went on there.  But, yes, electronics were held in very
> high regard.  One way to look at this is that most companies are
> filled with people who doubt electronics just like a lot of you,
<snip>

I'm a software guy with an electronics background.  Given that I know a bit
about what goes into these systems, yes, I have some doubts.

;)

> so we are actually required to show that things were thought of
> to the extent that a large team could think of.

So, there are a lot of people filled with doubt about certain suspension
systems, what are the requirements in that dept?

> If you don't want to be reassured, then there is nothing I can
> do.  All I can do is tell you what I know the industry is doing.

What would reassure me is to see a manufacturer that behaves like Boeing,
not your typical auto manufacturer, after a rash of accidents.

I have a hard time believing that a manufacturer would be evasive wrt
failures in one area and squeaky clean in other areas.  So, given the
propensity of auto manufacturers to avoid responsibility, I have less than
full confidence that they are doing full due diligence on electronic
systems, or that they will follow through, acknowledge problems, etc, when
they are implemented.

bs