Spider leaks

Most of the Alfa Spiders I've worked on are in the '66 to '80 range.

I've yet to see one in which both dash / front vent drain hoses are
connected. I've also seen more than a few rusted out front floor pans.

Da ya think there's a connection?

The water comes in the front 'cowling' drains into the inside of the car
(underneath the dash), then theoretically drains out two wire reinforced
plastic hoses either into the front wheel wells, (or if Round-tail)
through the firewall on the passenger (right) side.

Why anyone would use those awful boot type clamps (especially at the
factory level) is beyond me. They suck and more importantly they leak.

Bailing wire and pliers are probably more effective.

Those with leaking Spiders (in the front) look under the dash and see if
the (gray) hoses have disconnected. If so, stick a screwdriver (or
whatever) both up the metal section and down the hose itself to make
sure debris is not clogging it. Also, 100# air pressure clears
everything out pretty fast.

Then get 'normal' clamps such as Ideal's stainless steel hose clamps
(Pep Boys, etc.) and clamp that / those suckers down.

True, it could be a leaky windshield gasket, but at least you've
eliminated one possible problem area.

If anyone has actually read this far, do you know where one can get the
gray plastic drain hoses and also New Alfa type hose clamps (obviously
Not the ones requiring a hose clamp tool)?

Biba
Irwindale CA, USA