Wheel cleaners

My last 164 had a lot embedded 'brake dust' in the wheels. It seemed as
though the brake dust had eaten into the powdercoat on the wheel. I tried
all sorts of things to clean them. I even got an industrial chemist friend
involved, but the cleaners that he had were not much better. I even tried
putting a wheel in the dishwasher, thinking that the combination of higher
temperatures and the aggressive dishwasher detergent might help.

In the end it came down to kerosene, toothbrushes and wooden scrapers made
of Popsicle sticks. I do agree with a previous post that the Eagle 1 wheel
cleaner is best.

I had done 2 out of five wheels when the tree fell and squashed the car -
thereby taking care of the problem. The 'new' 164 has clean wheels.

Two Alfa's Doug
Melbourne, Australia
Blue '91 164L
White '86 GTV6