Re: Wheel Cleaners

I would urge you to look at the wheel cleaner products carefully.  They are
divided into those for rough aluminum finish, polished, clear coated.   The
Eagle Mag brand for rough did a fine job of removing tons of brake dust and
oxidation from some BWA mags I have.  I could pretend to know the chemistry
involved but basically I think it's different strengths of acids that
chemically eat the stuff away.  If you weren't careful though,  you would end
up with clean dull wheels where once you had dirty polished ones.
Tim Malaney
St. Louis, Mo.
DuoDuettos