Re: GM bashers, look more positive

From: John Frazier <john@domain.elided>

> I really think there is way too much GM bashing that is totally
> baseless.  Sure they had some failures, but they've had some big winners
> too.  Have you guys looked at a '00 Monte Carlo lately, they are really
> pretty good cars.

John, have you driven the Monte Carlo?   I hope not.  Because, if you have, the
driver's seat of your Alfa is going to waste.

I drove the 99 Monte Carlo last spring.  It made a large Dodge Caravan feel
responsive.  It responds so poorly to steering inputs that a Toyota Corolla feels
like a sports car in comparison.  In short, it is the sorriest excuse for an
automobile I have driven in 10 years or more.

There was a time when the Chevrolet engineering team was one of the best in the
world.  That team was responsible for one of the finest series of races cars
ever built, the Chapperal.  That team made massive contributions to our knowlege
of street and race car performance.

But that Monte Carlo takes more of its heritage from the Rambler American and the
Dodge mini-van or the 60's than it does from teh Chapperal and the 'Vette.

Chris Prael