Re: GM bashers, look more positive

From: John Frazier <john@domain.elided>

> I really think there is way too much GM bashing that is totally
> baseless.  Sure they had some failures, but they've had some big winners
> too.  Have you guys looked at a '00 Monte Carlo lately, they are really
> pretty good cars.

unfortunately for this point of view, we should look to Saab to see what's
what.

unlike Ford, which has had a remarkably restrained approach to acquisitions
such as Jaguar, GM has, since the acquisition of Saab, taken what was once
one of the most distinctive marques in the world from an engineering and
styling point of view, and badge-engineered it to the point of oblivion.
there is no "real Saab" left, only an Opel which vaguely looks like a 900.

i fear for alfa

sigh,
  richard (who likes real saabs as well as real alfas)