A New Alfa? But It Is FWD!!

I cannot believe it: For two weeks there was this heated debate about how
nobody in the US will touch a new Alfa because it is FWD. I read through
all the Digests various reasons why this FWD is not a good thing and why
any American would refuse buying a FWD Alfa! And now? Suddenly the whole
argument has changed and lots of US Alfisti (on this list) wants a new
Alfa....... Hey guys, nothing has changed in the last week. Are you really
sure you want a NEW FWD Alfa?

Just curious (while enjoying my 3rd new FWD Alfa in 5 years).......