Re: how to repair a Milano/75 headlamp/light

>Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2000 00:33:25 -0800
>**second request**
>I just discovered that one of my new euro-spec Carello headlamp lenses was a
>victim of road hazard and has a little crack with a tiny hole.  Since it's
>off center a repair would not affect *vision* but only aesthetics.  Is there
>a repair for this?  What material do you guys recommend?  Clear epoxi,
>superglue, sugar free gum?
>TIA
>Jorge
>89 Milano Verde needing an optometrist.

Jorge

The best thing is a two part special epoxy that is glass clear, and has the
same refractive index as glass so it blends with the glass. This material
is used by technicians preparing thin sections (0.03 mm slices of rock) for
geological (petrological) study under the microscope. Contact a geology
department technician at a university near you and they might just give you
a little of the resin and the hardener.

I have used this stuff on windscreens and found it excellent. It does
require some heat for curing, hot sunshine, hairdryer etc, but halogen
lights should be just as effective.

Les - catching up with old digests