Follow up on 164 water pump question

Seems I'll need to remove the rear inner fender liner (front one previously
removed).  Look like it has to be out of the way to pull the oil pump
pulley.  Body mountings for the brake line and electrical connection are via
an opening in the rear inner fender.  I ready do not want to crack the brake
line, has anybody found a good way about this challenge?

I could cut a line from this opening in some direction to the perimeter of
the liner and reseal it when done with an adhesive.  Has anyone opted some
approach rather than disassembled the brake line?

As I do not have the Alfa tool to release the tension on the timing belt
tensioner, what options are available here?  The illustrated tensioner is
different than what I see mounted on this early '91.  Is this an item that I
would be advised to replace (if replacements are available and have some
distinct advantage)?

This job is proving not to be extremely difficult, but certainly
challenging.

Thanks in advance again (probably more questions as project continues),
Paul Weimer, Ohio

(Going to check the 164 site while I await responses)