Spider Veloce Top Boot

I just discovered while putting my top boot on for the first time since
buying my 93 Veloce last fall that it was mis-made and doesn't fit.  It's
pretty much a comedy of errors:  too narrow left to right, not square, and
misplaced snaps.  A previous owner apparently tried to force-fit it and
broke off some of the plastic guides.  Must be why it looks otherwise
unused.  I can't believe that the original owner didn't get a warranty
replacement!

My question is, has anyone bought one of the Veloce top boots from IAP, and
how does the fit & finish compare with the factory original?  They certainly
aren't cheap!

steve
93 Veloce