Re: Heater output

Jon,

Has your fan come back to life, or is it just that you're seeing heat coming
out with flow-through air, at speed?  If the latter is the case, there seem to
be some mysterious qualities to the heater valve which may be at play.

Apparently, it has rubber seals inside which swell up and block the flow of
coolant, thus cutting interior heat.  The same seals also seem to unswell.  I
had no heat last winter, even after flushing the cooling system and properly
bleeding it (both screws, heater valve cranked).  I sought advice on this
digest, wherein I was informed of the potential swelling of the heater valve
seals.  SO I went and bought another heater valve (about $30 at AR Ricambi, as
I remember).  However, I've yet to install it, as my heat has returned of it's
own accord.  This winter hasn't been TOO cold here, so maybe the heats gotten
less use this year, and hence the heater valve rubber has swollen less (?)...

Of corse, it's also possible that you had air trapped somewhere, or the valve
was clogged and has worked itself clear, I suppose.

Hal