Torque steering 164

I had a new  set of tires installed a couple of weeks ago and the installer
claimed the manufacturer specifies 44psi, I did not argue because I wanted
to see for myself how the car might handle.  Well, severe torque steer to
the left was very annoying especially because I nail the gas pedal almost at
every traffic light.  About one week's worth of this nonsense made me get
out and check tire pressures.   I found 44 in RF and 38 in LF, enough
circumference difference to make it torque steer badly.   Reduced the
pressure to 31psi on both front tires and torque steer vanished.  With front
drive cars, both  wheels and tires MUST be equal dimensions.   Fred Di
Matteo  AROC USA Technical Advisor