Alfa rental in Italy

I know there's been quite a bit of discussion on this in the past but
unfortunately I slept through class. Now that I've booked onto Dave Gooley's
Milli Miglia 2000 tour I'm awake. The tour part runs from May 23 through 31
out of Milan and includes a 156 twin spark for every two people. Lucky me as
Jane qualifies as a nap-a-gator and has no interest in driving, giving me
all the Monza track time. We plan to stay in Italy until June 11th. and need
to cover transportation for the last 11 days. This may include going south
for the Targa Florio. We tried the travel agency the tour booked through but
they wanted over $600 a week. Most companies I checked on Travelocity seemed
to be half that but I couldn't be sure I used the right car class.
Travelocity uses US subcompact, etc. so I got prices based on intermediate
but for each company under the policy button I found a list of cars,
generally about 15 different classes. An Alfa 156 showed up for some as
class G. Can anyone shed any light as to how to reserve a particular class
car in Europe and what companies have which models? As I will have already
had a week with a 156, I'm open to other ideas such as a GTV or perhaps a
Lancia. We may double up with another couple for the trip south so a 166
would be a treat. By the way I believe Dave Gooley still has room on his
tour. NWARC member Fred Russell went last year and had a blast. For those of
you who bought the 1999 NWARC Alfa calendar, Fred did all the layout work.
You can check out his trip experience in the July 99 Iniezione.

Emmo
72 GTV
76 Spider