re: Oregon Club's Old Spider Tour

I'd encourage anyone within a day's drive to the Portland area attend the
Old Spider Tour.  Gordy & I drove his '86 'Veloce' down from Seattle and had
a fantastic time.  We arrived at the meeting place, I think it was a Denny's
parking lot, and joined about a dozen other Alfas of mixed years.  We
wandered around, noticing the 75 from Quebec, and a very nice Super.

Then it started, one, then, three, then I couldn't keep track of how many.
It seemed like a countless number of Old Spiders rolling in.  Tons of 'em!!
How 'bout a lowered Giulietta stuffed with a built 2.0L?  Or perhaps Doug
Zaitz's Jr Z again stuffed with a built 2.0L.  Doug flipped me the keys to
the Jr on our way back from lunch at last summer's Tri-Club track day, can
you say "Q-U-I-C-K"?!?  I remember noticing Doug's tires while on the Tour,
BFG slicks!  Maybe he'll show up in his Montreal this year.

As we all pulled out on to I-84 with something like 3 dozen Alfas, I had the
feeling we were in for a great trip.  Gordy let a holler and we were off!!
Some things I remember form the trip: a crazy Italian driving like mad in a
red GTV6 with a huge Alfa decal on the sides, cruising along the Colombia
river with the sun shining on us, almost running out of gas nearing the
hotel, missing a major turn in the rally because a half dozen of us were
uhh, exceeding speed limit, eating yummy ice cream at a dusty little town
with lazy dogs dying for a lick, and getting the feeling that AROO had run
the two day event with absolute precision.

So make plans to show up, you'll be glad you did.

Zach
Redmond, WA