snow tires

Hi Zach,

>From what I've heard though the Nokian Hakkipaledia (I know I'm not spelling
>it correctly) or the Pirelli Winter Ice are excellent tires. I'll be
>purchasing a set of either of these for next season. When you're skiing
>25-40 days a year you need damn good snow tires, and the Pirellis and Hakks
>are what I've narrowed my search down to.

The Nokian Hakkepeliitas are awesome.  The word I got was that they last
much longer than the Blizzaks.  When I saw a set that had been through
about 10K miles of driving I was sold - they barely looked worn and I was
expecting nearly worn out.  The Milano doesn't go through tires quite so
fast as the 164 but mine are in great shape after two winters of mostly dry
road driving around town.  The snow/ice traction is great.

Chris Lesher
Boulder CO