re: 164 Climate Control

Anthony,

The cabin air temp sensor is located in the overhead console.  I would
highly reccomend doing the HVAC self test as described on the 164 website -
that should give a clue.  Having said that I should warn that several
self-tests told me the cabin sensor was bad, and then subsequent tests told
me everything was OK!  By then it was obvious that the air mixing stepper
motor was bad so the test was irrelevant.  Another thing I've noticed is
that the air mixing stepper seems to assume the hot air is a certain temp
and will provide too cool a mix if the engine isn't up to full operating
temperature.

/alfa/FAQ/164/index.html

Look in 'Tech Notes' then 'Heating, Ventilation and A/C' then 'A/C Fault Codes'

Chris Lesher
Boulder CO