Spider clutch- how much abuse?

OK, I'm moving into the realm of common sense here, but I have a question:
how much abuse can a '93 Spider clutch take?

I'm autocrossing the car, and it seems that I can gain a little time by
dropping the clutch from high RPM, with a very slight wheelspin. Obviously
this is BAD for the clutch. But how bad?

Am I right to assume that this will greatly shorten the life of the clutch?

Are the "heavy duty" or "racing" clutches better able to handle this type of
abuse?

Thanks,
- -Glenn