Re: dead spider update

Kelly,

>>Didn't you find that you had a bad sensor which lead to a non
running condition?

that is right. there are two sensors in the bellhousing. Even though
they are identical. one is called a rev or rpm sensor, the other is
the position sensor. If either of these is bad it will lead to a no
spark condition. I replaced mine with a bosch part I bought from my
local bmw/vw dealer. The shop manual has the procedure for checking if
it is bad, let me know if you need it and I will look it up for you
(it has to do with checking the resistance)

sixto