Re: dead spider update

When we were bringing it alive, FrankenSpider had a persistent miss and
cylinders 2-3 would cut out under load. The problem was isolated to one
of the two ignition pickups (the 'other one', my mechanic had already
checked the likely one...). The two pickups supply crankshaft position,
speed and phase information to the ignition computer, from which the
computer generates the ignition timing points on a cycle by cycle basis.

Not exactly the same problem as what you have going on, but it might be a
similar repair. One of the isolations we did was to swap the ignition
computer for another known good one. Happily that didn't turn out the be
the problem.

Godfrey