dead spider update

I checked the fuel pressure, I was within the specified range, Then I
checked the ignition and I do not have any spark.

The cap, Rotor, coil and wires were all replaced within the last 100
miles.  Though I had noticed that the #2 plug was darker and at idle the
car seemed to miss, but this went away after reaching 2000 rpms.

What do the sensors on the bellhousing control?  Do they both control
the ignition?  If so would these be likely to break?

I think that someone else had a similar problem on the list, was it the
owner of Frankenspider?  Didn't you find that you had a bad sensor which
lead to a non running condition?

Any help would be appreciated

...or -  for sale 1988 spider quad - silver  - semi running - make
offer!

Kelly M,
88 spider, Sac Ca.