Re: Yet, once again a Spica quesion

Biba asked:
 =

>> Can I merely adjust the 6mm bolt on the firewall throttle
cable bracket, or will I rot in Hell for forcing the butterflies
to do some of their idle breathing through the venturies? <<

If the normal method of adjusting idle speed on a Spica-injected car
doesn't work (i.e., by squashing the special O-ring), I think it's
better to adjust the short link to achieve the desired idle speed.
This is because the 6mm bolt on the throttle bracket and the engine
move independently due to rubber engine mounts. So tension placed on
the accel. cable will not be consistent and idle speed will vary.

Rich Hirsch
'87 Milano
'78 Spider
'67 Duetto