WTB, Best classic for under 20K?

Any ideas?
I have sold the 164LS and the driveway is very, very
empty. I should donate the money to help end world
hunger and live with the 82 GTV6 / 74 Spider, but
something tells me I will buy another car. I would
like it to be pre-74 (the smog police are getting
nastier in CA), have a fixed roof (I already have a
convertible), have more than 4 cylinders (unless it is
a Giulia Sprint Speciale) and cost less than $20K. It
would be nice if it were Italian and be an Alfa, but
the world will not end if I get a German or American
one (just not as likely). It also should be very
driveable and presentable (already went the "project"
route).

I almost bought a 1959 Maserati 3500GT, but decided
that it was too vintage and difficult to sort out, it
also had some problems which needed immediate
attention.
I am still looking to buy a 2600 Sprint (Alfa), but
they are rare and would not likely appreciate (even if
it is only my wife's purchase priority).
I could look at Montreals, but the styling is
not...well, my style.
I would get a Pantera, but I have not found one for
under 20K yet.

The next car does not have to be practical. I can take
the GTV6 to work (3.8 miles), and the new Audi A6 is
the long distance / ski car (hers on an everyday
basis), I have considered 911s as the only post-smog
car, but the engine is really in the wrong end...

So if you are a carnut and if you are bored, tell me
what you would get on this limited budget. Or if you
have a friend with just the car for me, I will gladly
pay a small finder's fee.

thx in advance
luke, San Mateo, CA

74 Spider, 82 GTV6, 98 Audi A6Q