Re: hope for the future

I was also really impressed with Joe Elliot.  I read every word
and although I'm twice as old as he is, I wish I would have had
his vision when I was 16.  I love it when people are willing to
spend the time and effort to learn enough about their cars to
MAKE them as reliable as commuters, to insist that they get
there every day!  Since mine are all older, this doesn't come
without sucking up more than its share of what little spare time
I have, (one day off a week), but the rewards are so worth it...
And even though I have 3, the Alfetta is my commuter.  The GTV-6
is undergoing an extended engine rebuild, the Berlina is in
stasis with sheared flywheel bolts (don't ask).  But they will
both be fixed because they are worth having and I can't imagine
life without them.

I'm so comforted to know that there are others just as disturbed
as I am.  Knowing that he wanted an Alfa at age 12?!?  How cool
is that!  I am in awe with any 16 year old who defends his car
(which is older than he is) over "stupid cars".  He knows that
his car isn't without temperament, but at least it has a soul!

Dude, I bow in your general direction!

Kathy Jo
3 cages
7 motorcycles