Hope for the future

All -
Boy, was I happy to read Zach's response to Joe's original post.  Traveling
5500 miles with Zach this summer as I did, was really refreshing to my
automotive side.   Here was a 23 year old youngster (young enough to be my
son) who was beginning the process of turning his 5th Alfa (an Alfetta) into
a track car for club events.  And we were going Seattle to KC (15 states) and
back, touring the West while doing so, in an absolutely pristine 164S.  The
baby did 145 (AMHIK), and was a clean as any car on the road.  After all, it
got washed and detailed in the campground at Glacier National Park, amongst
other places.
Zach's enthusiasm got me going and prompted me to think about wrenching on my
own, something I hadn't done since college.  Back when I had time.
Anyway - it is the enthusiasm of youth, and the spirit of young people such
as Joe, Jake, and Zach that that makes me realize the marque is in good hands
in the US, even if FIAT doesn't recognize it.

Good New Year to all.  I'll properly celebrate the new millenium when it
starts, NEXT year.

Gordy
1987 Spider "VELOCE"
On the edge of Seattle.