Re: Hoist on my own petard

"Giller,Bruce C." <bgiller@domain.elided> wrote:

> Our plans now, is to add a second story to the garage as a full-time
> (heated/cooled) workshop area.  I can remove the engine from the cars
> and then work on them upstairs in the winter or downstairs in the
> summer.  A garage is NOT a place to store a car....

Bruce,

You might consider increasing the height of the existing garage and
installing a two-post lift.  Lifts are hugely convenient, and will
effectively provide you with a two-car garage in case you change your
mind about that last point.

You'll need 220V service and a reinforced 5-sack concrete slab at
least four inches thick.  A quality two-post lift will cost around
$3000, including installation.

- -Tom
thomasw@domain.elided