V6 swaps to 105/115

This is  also a pipedream of mine, but my host for the V6 would be a '71
Berlina chassis I'm trying to protect from tin worms.   Here is the little
I know of the swap:  Hans Milo is has put the V6 in a 105/115 GTV.  I
talked to him at the Kansas City convention and later on the phone.  The
swap requires the ZF transmission from an Alfa 6 (and ideally the engine
that went with it).  The transmisions are hard to get , and I dunno about
the engine , although Milo indicated the best alternative would be a early
USA injected 2.5V6 because the injection wiring was less integrated into
the overall model's electronics, so the wiring harness was easier to adapt.
 To me this raises the question of what flywheel and clutch needed to be
used on a USA V6 with the ZF (and I assume its bellhousing).  He said that
the carbs on the Alfa 6's engine were specific to the model and even more
hard to find and maintain.  The exhaust  headers need to be custom
fabricated, and he had such (exhaust) clearance problems with his GTV that
he converted to a rack an pinion steering setup.    Finally, it is my
understanding that the Digest's regular contributor John Hertzman made the
trek to Milo's shop in Georga and has seen this car, but I'm unaware if he
discussed it in this forum.

Anyway, I was pretty hot to try this swap because the Berlina has more room
for the engine than the GTV, and I already have two restored sedans with
their stock block engines.   However,  after some reflection on the
magnitude of the task and my time available,  I'm beginning to think I
could pour the same monetary investment into a tweaked 2000 engine and have
a better balanced car with near the same HP, and without headaches I can't
even imagine.    But I'll miss that torque....

kct
Powell, TN
- ------------------------------

>From: "Ted Williams" <tedw@domain.elided>
>Subject: Montreal ad

<snip>...By the way, I was talking to my father about stuffing a V6 engine
in a GTV.
>Now, I know its about every month or two that someone asks this question. I
>am usually the first to bypass it and go on to the next post. Now I find
>mice-elf wondering if it can be done? I think I remember someone saying yes..
>
>The real question is this....could you remove the fuel injection and
>carburate the engine? And how hard would this be to do? Just wondering.
>
>Ted
~~~~~~~