90 Spider ignition problems

In no.1222, Derek wrote :

"I notice that when I first start the car the battery light stays on and =
the=20
voltmeter reads around 9.  This immediately resolves by revving the car=20
once.  Does this mean anything?"

My answer...... well, maybe it does, but nobody yet has worked out just =
what it means..!!!  More seriously, though, the answer is "They all do =
that" (or a great many of them do, anyway).    The question of why has =
come up many times even in the few short years I've been on the digest, =
and I don't think there's ever been a sound explanation. I've got 5 Alfas, =
covering 3 totally different generations, and they all do it, and all have =
for years, even with fresh regulators and alternator brushes and batteries,=
 and they all have no problems at all with their charging. I'd love to =
know the explanation but it's clearly nothing that actually matters, so I =
just don't worry about it any more.  =20

Best regards,
Graham H,=20
Paekak, NZ
(GTV, Alfetta GTV, 3 x Alfa Sud)