Miata seats in a Spider

Hi Everybody,

Regarding Miata seats in a spider.  Don't do it!  I bought a pair and
tried to fit them in my Spider.  In doing so I have become one of those
dreaded PO's.  I had to modify the seat rails in a way that now I have
to own the car forever!  This way I won't be the subject of ridicule on
this digest if I ever sell my car.!

I finally got the seats installed and they made you sit to high and to
close to the steering wheel.  The seats are nicely constructed but they
are to long and high.

I know I should have left things the way they were, but someone made
mention of Miata seats and I figured why not.  So I am passing this
warning along to others so no one else makes the same mistake.

P.S. I got the Euro Bumpers to fit nicely on a 82 Spider.

Merry Christmas
Ralph DeLauretis
Lawrenceville, NJ