Re: 62 Giulietta ?

I would say you might have to lower the trans mount, but not as much
as you lowered the engine. There are 3 support points you need to
consider. The motor mounts count as one, for this discussion. The
trans mount is another, and the driveshaft support bearing is the
third. By lowering the motor, you have changed the angle of the trans
mainshaft with respect to (WRT) the body. If the front section of the
driveshaft meets the output flange of the trans at an angle, you may
trash Giubos. You might not have lowered it enough to make a big
difference at the Giubo, but it should be checked. Trashing one at
speed on the track could be disastrous. You can get (or have made) a
kind of cage that keeps it from exploding. These have to be installed
very carefully to avoid binding. The Giubo is supposed to flex, but
it's not as rugged as a CV joint.

Note that if you lower the trans mount too much, you will push the
mating flange for the rear section of the driveshaft up too high, and
put more stress on the support bearing. I tried to keep the front
section of the driveshaft as level as possible WRT the body, while
getting the driveshaft flange and the Giubo to line up nicely. If you
support the rear end with jack stands under the axle tubes, the rear
end will be pretty much at normal ride height. Put some weight in the
drivers seat to make sure.

You might also call ZeBell and ask for an opinion.