Back from SF...some observations

Just got back from a good five days in the City by the Bay...a little
sight-seein' and bike racin' at the Cyclo-cross National Championships.

Altho I looked long and hard for Alfas, I only saw about five.  Where was
everyone?  Two GTV6s (one with a bike rack and bike!), a GTV2000, couple of
164s, and the usual Spiders.

Since I just got caught up on e-mails and Digests...the running of redlights
thread is fresh in my mind.  In the year that I've been in Seattle, I've
noticed that most people are relatively courteous towards other drivers and
pedestrians.

I noticed alot of @$$holes in SF...blatant running of lights and stop signs
and disregard for pedestrian safety...while I know this behavior doesn't
describe everyone, it was extrememly prevelant.  My favorite was a guy I saw
get slightly cut off on Van Ness, the offended party decided to lay on the
horn so that the whole city would know that he/she had been wronged...this
went on for three solid minutes...it was unbelievable.

On another somewhat unrelated Alfa-note:  I know that there are many Digesti
ciclisti among us.  Most major airlines charge $35-$65 dollars to carry your
bike aboard a plane.  Next time try my trick:

"Is that a bike in there"
"Oh no, it's an art project, a metal sculpture"
"Oh, that's neat..."

Worked both ways and I'm at least $100 richer for it...

Kit
Seattle
88 Verde