Steering Rack Boot Clamp -- Update

Thanks to all who have offered suggestions on both the proper tightening of
the IAP provided clamp and an acceptable alternative to the clamp.

The consensus for tightening the clamp and holding it is to locate a commonly
stocked version of the tool at a local auto parts store, tighten the clamp,
and then fold the band back over on itself to keep the clamp from loosening.
Staking the clamp was also mentioned, although I had conflicting suggestions
as to when and where I should stake.

The alternative suggested by a number of folks is to pitch the metal clamps
altogether and get some properly sized plastic zip ties. For use on steering
rack boots, this should be at least adequate. (For things like CV joint
boots, this should be considered temporary only.)

I think I'll use the zip tie method for now, I have them in stock and
understand their use (and tightening requirements). The metal clamps will go
on the shelf for some future use.

Thanks again to all who have provided their assistance!

Tom
'77 Alfetta GT (soon with new boots)
'63 Spider (no boots, just house slippers)
Seattle