GTV6 Lowering

hi brad, ewe said:
>I'm going to lower my GTV6 front end about 1".  I have no idea how to
accomplish this. I know >you have to rotate the torsion bars.  Can I accomplish
this by just rotating the bars in relation to >the rear carrier?  I have Haynes
Alfetta worksop manual but it does a very poor job describing. I >am
mechanically inclined but do not want to screw up the suspension geometry.  Any
help >would be appreciated.
==================
call alfa ricambi - they have a detailed description in their older catalog; i'd
imagine they still have this info awailable.  1.800.225.alfa.  also, doing this
effects the camber & toe - be sure to adjust accordingly.  ewe may either have
to get tom zat's eccentric upper control arm bushings, or grind some of the
lower control arm off where it seats to the frame, to avoid to much negative
camber.  this *is* a worthwhile handling improvement, imho, but ewe may find
yourself wanting to go to a stiffer suspension set-up as well, especially due to
the reduced ground clearance, which isn't great to begin with...

good luck,

doug