GTV6 Lowering

I'm going to lower my GTV6 front end about 1".  I have no idea how to accomplish this. I know you have to rotate the torsion bars.  Can I accomplish this by just rotating the bars in relation to the rear carrier?  I have Haynes Alfetta worksop manual but it does a very poor job describing. I am mechanically inclined but do not want to screw up the suspension geometry.  Any help would be appreciated.  OK to E-mail me direct.

Brad Reed
79'  Sprint Veloce
86'  GTV-6 "Marie"
91'  164L