Re: Tire Width

> I have a '93 Spider Veloce and I'm looking for
> autocross tires. I've found a used set of Toyos that
> are 225/50 15" size. These will fit my wheels, but
> can anyone tell me if they will clear the body work?

Glenn, I just tackled this very situation with my 1980
Spider time-trialer.  With a 4.10 differential and
6x14 Cromodora wheels (23 mm offset), the 205/55
Hoosier slick tires fit the wheels but under heavy
stress (i.e. decreasing radius turns) the wheel rubbed
the inside of the rear wheel well until it polished
the metal!  Owners of GTV's with these size tires
don't seem to have this problem, but I did.

The car now has a 4.56 differential (apparently longer
than the 4.10) and 6x14 Panasport wheels with *15mm
offset*, allowing plenty of room for the tires to
"roll over."

Check the offset of your wheels.  You have an option
or two to help make sure your tires won't rub.

Good luck!

=====
Diane
NE Ohio