Re: Tire width

205/55 14s fit my '74 very nicely--I think there is more than 1 cm
between the tire and any metal object---but, while these tires ( toyo's
are very good--if they are the RA1s) will stick better, everything you
mention as a bother has nothing to do with tires! You should consider
lots of suspension mods--springs, shocks, adjustable camber, urethane
bushings (especially in the trunnion) etc etc

On Sat, 11 Dec 1999, Glenn Wasserman wrote:

> I have a '93 Spider Veloce and I'm looking for autocross tires. I've found a
> used set of Toyos that are 225/50 15" size. These will fit my wheels, but
> can anyone tell me if they will clear the body work?
>
> The springs/shocks are too soft, and I find that the car leans, squats, and
> dives a LOT under heavy driving (i.e. autocross).
>
> Anyone care to predict fi they will fit?
>
> Thanks,
> -Glenn

Regards,
Alan G. Lambert___________________________________<gerard@domain.elided>