Re 164 TS Clutch

(Resent with UKP instead of pounds sign as blocked by system as 8 bit))

Thanks to all who responded especially Matthew Dooher who sent me a
detailed sequence for V6 which is pretty much the same for the TS - so
I could get going without a manual.

His optimistic 2 hours ran to about 5 as I had to adapt a few tools and
found a few other bits to fix along the way in particular a nasty little bit
of localised but deep corrosion under the wing just forward of the scuttle
and normally protected by the plastic stone guards - being investigated
further - must be from the inside - otherwise the beauty is remarkably rust
free for 8 years old.

Anyway it's now out and waiting for new plate and release bearing (might as
well whilst its out) to arrive (from Cubleys - whom I also found always best
with previous SAAB 900 Turbo parts).

I will update Matthew on a few differences with the TS (it's easier on
TS) - if anyone wants a modified copy then feel free to email me direct.

The clutch slave gaiter got split - it doesn't seem to be available as a
separate item only complete unit at UKP33.64 + VAT ouch !.

Does anyone know what else fits ???

Geoff
gran-turismo@domain.elided

End of alfa-digest V7 #1197